Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I give up.

*Waits patiently for gasps of amazement*

I know. It's hard to believe. Me giving up. But I just don't think I can do it. I mean, I want my bathroom to be this perfect haven. Peace. Tranquility. My happy place. Is it wrong to consider a wine rack for the bathroom?

Anyway, I'd planned to tile it myself. "I can do that!" I told myself. But then I thought about it further. I've never tiled anything. Not even a background in windows. My bathroom isn't exactly the place to find out I don't know what I'm doing. I'll still go give the how-to thing a whirl at home depot, but let's face it... I don't want my lack of ability to ruin my happy place.

So, it's time to suck it up and get an estimate on installation. Go, pick the tiles, and understand I'll be paying for this for awhile. But it's worth it. If I have time, there's even going to be a side trip to Fabricland for the fabric for my duvet cover.

This is it. It's my home. As it's been said before, "this ain't no dress rehearsal." Might as well do what I can to make my environment what I want it to be. Baby steps, but it'll get there.

Next up. Kitchen table has to go. Once I find somethign, I'll sell mine at work. Then laminate throughout. At least Dad and Darcy are good with the laminate and by the time I'm ready for that, it'll be winter and they'll have time.

Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home