Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ottawa - Day 3

Course is going well. People are great, I'm learning stuff, and they feed you like crazy. Dear god. This morning was croissants, fruit and yogurt for breakfast, followed by streudels for the mid morning snack. Afternoon was a variety of packaged snacks and ice cream. Yep. Ice cream for Pete's sake.

This city is beautiful. I can't wait to get to parliament and the museums tomorrow and saturday. I tried for an earlier flight outta here, but no go. Not unless I want to arrive in Edmonton at midnight. I've already asked too much of J. Can't ask him to be at the airport in the middle of the night - regardless of whether or not he'd do it. That's just taking advantage of someone.

At 1am, I was partly awakened by a text message on my phone. I say partly because I was up on and off through the night and that was around the time I was debating getting up for more pain killers. Short message. "Love you sweetie. Happy Birthday." What a great start to my morning. All day I kept thinking about that little message and feeling great. Small thing. Immeasurable effect.

Tried to put into words last night how I feel and it wouldn't come eloquently. Suffice it to say this is very new to me. No reason to protect myself. No doubts. Meh. It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home