Monday, August 20, 2007

Manifesting my destiny

Had brunch with the "in-laws" on the weekend. Not sure what other title to give them to be honest. And hey, they're introducing me as J's wife so really.... Anyway, it turned out to be a great day. Skipped the H&S fair to have brunch with them, then started the search for an apple peeler/corer. S gave me a... well, it might even be a bushel... of apples and I've gotta do something with them. After 3 pies, my hands cried for mercy (and the odd band-aid). Alas, no peeler/corer to be found.

I did get 2 pictures of paris for my walls - well, 4 if I'd bought enough frames, new dishes for J and I's snacks, a new mat for the cat's litter box, and suggestions from J's mom. Great suggestions!

First, to explain a bit about her. She's retired and has started filling her time with new-age-y stuff. Very spiritual without being religious and very at peace. She's just a warm friendly person to be around and it's infectious. She believes heavily in The Secret and to be quite honest, it seems to be working for her.

So, Jeff had me tell his parents about my goals and everything. And I said I'd filled my office with pictures of mini's. She asked about my bedroom. Well, I'd done nothing there. Now, the term for her is "manifesting." Essentially you can manifest anything you want with the right attitude (The Secret). So she suggested pictures of thin me, pictures of what I want to wear, all of that in my bedroom so I see it before bed and see it when I wake up.

Well, I could hardly sleep last night between the great pictures of myself and that huge picture of the Eiffel Tower. Jeff looked me right in the eye and said "you can't fail." He didn't mean it as a threat. I'm surrounded by positive energy, positive people and every one is willing to help me reach my goal.

I'm no longer "trying" to lose weight. I am losing weight. I'm healthy and happy and totally intend to stay that way.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM , Blogger Crazy Beancounter Chick said...

E, I'm so glad you understand the Secret.

Welcome to the knowledge, and the truth.

You can, and will, have anything you want.

Ask. Believe. Recieve.

Go you!!! *major amounts of hugs*

Love,
T

 
At 12:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home