Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Odd

I have had the oddest realization. It’ll sound a tad bizarre to all of you, but..well…yeah.

Back in…September? October maybe, I was coming home from SK and I saw police everywhere. More police cars than I think I’ve ever seen on that trip. Once in the city, I ended up with a speeding ticket – dumbass that I am.

I was commenting to J and B one day that for a long time, I’d seen an accident at a specific corner at least once a week for several weeks. It isn’t exactly a high collision area either. Now that I’ve had my accident, I haven’t seen another accident there since.

Now, with the speeding ticket, I coulda done something to prevent that. Watched my speed when I saw an unusual amount of police on my trip. But. How in the world could I have prevented the accident? It’s not like I’m going to stop driving. And it was over a period of weeks rather than hours. Perhaps it was one of those “meant to be” things where my car was meant to get written off. Ok, I can live without the pain and inconvenience I’ve gone through since, but maybe there was another reason for the accident. It’s just odd that I seem to see repeated things over a period of time and then they seem to have a significance on my life.

And they go away after the significant event.

Or maybe I’m just thinking too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home