Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Training and bathroom renos.

Ahhhh. The joys of annual training budgets. I have money to spend, but no idea what I want to do with it. I can't take notes training because it's future is up in the air here. So I search for *something* that'll get me out of here and have someone else foot the bill.

Vegas appears to be out. I'm not sure I could convince them the DevConnections conference is right for me. So I'm trying to find either JDeveloper or Leadership courses somewhere. As usual, the soundtrack for my day is the Batman Begins soundtrack :) I am... so NOT a superhero.

Bathroom. Tiles. Yikes. Tried to get my ex to pick up my vanity. Nope. He's not around. Running out of options. Either T's Dad's truck or getting the place to deliver. Hell, I already spent far too much, what's another $40????

I'm not ready to pick out tiles. Although the change in faucet finish really helped. I think that was part of my block before. I was going to have a warm coloured bathroom - tiles, paint, etc...with satin nickel faucets. Well, and the decision to replace the vanity helped as well. What the hell. It's only money, right?

Went for Chicken for lunch today with Stephajn. He's moving to PA of all places so I had to get a last lunch in with him. And babble about my reno plans, of course.

I think I have this "first my bathroom, then hardwood..... Then the WORLD!!!!" attitude going on. Well, ok, maybe in the middle I'll paint or something. It might be a tad early for the world.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are looking for a JDeveloper training and more how about the Oracle Develop Conference in SF -
http://www.oracle.com/openworld/attendees/special-programs/develop.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home