Thursday, July 07, 2005

Planning and schedules

I'm not the world's greatest planner. I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants and see where life takes me kinda person But sometimes I do try to make my life fit some kind of schedule.

Take today for example. I'd received a phone call yesterday that my furniture was in and they want to deliver it. Unfortunately, I'm a little busy over the next few day... well, week for that matter. I'm hoping they can make arrangements to deliver today and I'll leave work early (super early) to accomodate that. It is my red furniture finally appearing on the scene! I figured that might happen so I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning to get me to work early. Or so I thought. Yep, set it for 6:30 PM. Some computer geek, I can't even properly set my alarm clock. And no, I never bothered to set the time on my VCR after I moved either. So there... ;-)

So, I dragged my butt out of bed at 7:30 and managed to catch the 7:55 bus. Woo hoo. Means I didn't get to work until around 8:45-ish because the connections to downtown aren't real great. So much for early.

And tomorrow. Well, tomorrow, I have to be in early. Kinda. I'd like to be at my desk by 8am. Just planning to leave at 4.

well, back to scheduling my life. My vacation. Every time I think I have it planned, scheduled and all the stuff I want to do fit in... I realize I forgot about something. Like seeing my friend Dawn. She offered me her place to stay at while I'm in Calgary, but, well, I can't really just go crash in her spare bed and not visit with her, but right now, I'm running frighteningly short of time to do that. So, fiddle with this here, change that plan there and I might be able to fit it all in.

Planning stuff - BAH! I still end up with so much I've forgotten that it's basically flying by the seat of my pants anyway. Just beware of the girl with the axe... Did I mention that I bought an axe for camping this summer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home