Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Thanks, but I think I'll take the stairs.

Had our quarterly IT safety meeting. And yeah, I know that sounds like it might be advice on avoiding paper cuts or perhaps avoiding dangerous stapler incidents... but it isn't. Today's topic was protecting your identity, with a presentation from the RCMP. A very entertaining presentation. I learned Stuff. ;-)

But after the presentation, we had a reading of the minutes from the corporate safety meeting. Even the poor constable was laughing with the rest of us. There are two items that stand out in my mind. The first was the announcement that the tower elevators have been fixed...kinda. They'll still stop on the wrong floors, but they fixed.... something. What could possibly be a higher priority fix than making them stop where they should stop??? He then states that fix is scheduled for 2007. So, two years from now, they intend to make the elevators work like elevators should. What, exactly, is the elevator service company doing between now and then? Are ANY elevators in this city safe????? Sheesh. I'm on the 7th floor. The walk will do me good.

The other announcement that drew a chuckle from the crowd. The safety video for new employees will be shortened to avoid boring new employees. All right, as a tower employee... please, by all means, shorten it. I hope to avoid ever needing to know what to do in the case of a leak or a spill. After all, it should be at a good distance from me. But...uhh...the guys in the regional offices... you know, the ones working around pipes...could we see about them knowing a little more?

Oh, and add something to that safety video about the elevators in the tower. THAT might be useful information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home