Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Getting married

Well, here I am getting married again. This whole blog started as a way to deal with my divorce several years ago. And it worked.

On Sunday, I go and do it again. And I'm terrified. The first time I joked that "if it doesn't work, I can just get divorced, right?" And now I know that there is no "just" in getting divorced. There is only divorce. Divorce is ugly, painful, and soul destroying.

I like to think I came out of the experience a better person, but some days I'm not sure anymore. I fall back into the old patterns, make the same mistakes and generally have a good shot of messing this marriage up too.

I've waited too long to call it off. 3 more days, and it's done.

I'm not sure this was the right decision.

3 Comments:

At 1:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was/is. Go ahead Erin, be Happy, believe it or not, you deserve it. It took too long to realize, but I have realized now how my life was enriched by your being in it. Best wishes on your special day.

 
At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for an update about this. Have a good time!

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger Crazy Beancounter Chick said...

Amen to the above comment.

And I was there to witness it and I saw how he looks at you...and you at him. I've always felt you were perfect for each other, mostly because of your imperfections. You are soulmates, and I'm not just saying that because I hooked you up. I'm one for one! Woot.

Congrats and YOU WILL NOT SCREW THIS UP. Be happy. And when's the BBQ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home