Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time for a change

No surprise there, to be honest, I tend to like change a lot. Right now, it looks like it's back to school for me. It's something I've considered off and on, but never really looked at seriously because what I want to do is going to require a Ph. D. Yup. Dr. Moose.

Sure, you probably think it's a little crazy, but that's probably fine and somewhat required. What do I want to do, you ask? Psychology. C'mon, it's a job with great furniture potential, glasses are just as required as in computer geekdom, and it'll reduce my computer useage which is a good thing since I'm fairly certain I'm feeling a bit of Carpal Tunnel set in. Pffft, who needs to worry about ergonomics? Apparently I should have.

The good news is, I'll be able to continue working while I take my degree. Depending on course load, I may drop down to part time, but I don't need to decide that yet and thankfully work is really understanding with that kind of thing. I'm not sure I want to have the "What are you doing in your time off?" "Ohhhhhh studying in a field that isn't beneficial to the company at all," likely isn't all that good for maintaining employment for any length of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home