Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Vegetables (and the Wii Fit)

All right, in my last post, I seem to have forgotten to talk about something I wanted to - my Wii Fit. I love my Wii Fit even though hula-hooping for minutes at a time is painful and wrong. Who are they kidding with the "You have unlocked a new duration: 10 minutes!" crap. Nonono. PS what the hell happened to me in the past 25 years? Or am I just imagining being able to hula hoop for remarkable lengths of time?

So, I'm on WW as I've mentioned before. It's working really well, oddly enough. I managed to lose 3.5 lbs in the first week. Of course, then vacation happened and things went sideways, but I'm still officially down 4 lbs so I suppose that's a victory in itself. Especially considering the amount that J and I have been eating out lately - oops.

But, I've come to discover that I might actually like vegetables. Things like fresh peppers, cucumbers and peas are fantastic. And by "fresh" I don't really mean "From a package in the grocery store." I mean from an actual farmers' market. They just taste soooo much better than whatever has been shipped into the local grocer. It's kinda remarkable. They still aren't overly filling on their own, but the reality is that I can eat them until I'm full (which is a ridiculous amount of produce) and not damage my diet at all.

Hooray.

And I don't care what the WW scale says - my home scale has me down about 7-8 lbs and I like those numbers better :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home