Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yeah... it's love.

I don't even know where to start today. J and I have been house shopping... a lot. We totally agree on about everything when it comes to the house - or at least are willing to to say "sure you can build that home theatre in the basement if I get another awesome ensuite." So, it begins. It started as a "let's take a look and see if we can get any ideas for renos." After the first day of showhomes, we realized we were making each house we looked at our own in our own little ways.

Since then, much discussion has ensued over what we want to do and I think the decision was made for us last Saturday in a showhome in Fort Saskatchewan. The fuzzies so overtook J that he came over and gave me a great big hug and kiss in the middle of a showhome kitchen. Not that the house was that great. In fact it isn't one we'd buy anyway. We found the layout we want later on that day on the west end. Heh, not moving to the west end either. There's more to look at. Realtors to talk to about our own homes and selling them. Decisions to be made on where we live until such time as our dream house is completed.

But...It's the oddest feeling being with him. I know it's right. I know it's what I want. Talk of moving in, rings and marriage don't frighten me. Sure, I still get the "oh crap, what if" every so often, but hearing his voice or having his arms around me solves that so quickly I hardly remember it happened.

Is it perfect? Uh...no. I don't expect perfect. I don't expect life with an independant person to have no hardships, no disagreements and no fights. However the very foundation of a relationship is how people deal with the above. He and I deal well. Extremely well. There's a confidence there for both of us. Knowledge that the other is there and will be there. I don't have to fight for time with him. He knows he can wander away for a day or two and have time to himself. He knows that for me, time spent with those I love is more important than words, gifts or all the kinky monkeylovin' we can fit in 24 hours. Although I suppose the last requires time spent together.

Now if only I could get my cats to stop beating up his dog.

So, sometime this summer - sooner rather than later - we'll be co-habitating. Heck, as of next weekend the critters and I are moving in for my week off (Go Canada Go! Hurry Hard!) Then a week in Kelowna (woo hoo, a real vacation! oh wait, there was Halifax with L and Vegas with T...). After that, a long summer of camping, fishing, hiking and kite flying. Oh, and he's coming home for Easter and the May long weekend so he's earning points with Mom too - willingness to work in the greenhouse always wins.

Every day just gets better. Between the overly poetic good mornings and the late nights (heh heh) I've never felt better. My house is almost to the "spotless" stage, although I'm sure T and B have done their best to add some cat hair to the furniture and the floor - you know, for that "lived in" look. A house isn't a home unless you have cat hair all over everything.

And right now, a house isn't a home without at least one cat chasing a dog.

Eep.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. You said "monkeylove"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home