Thursday, April 28, 2005

Real Estate...bah!

Well, here I am in the midst of a real estate transaction. Little old me, buying a condo. Oh, for those of you who haven't been the recipient of an excited MSN message from me - the offer was accepted on the fancy schmancy place. Putting me in the middle of more paperwork and phone calls than I really wanted. Ooooh, and faxes. But hey, as a bonus, I've figured out our fax machine. Technology - almost as much fun as realtors.

Last night my realtor stopped by my house bearing a thick envelope full of condo documents I need to read as one of the conditions of sale. Balance sheets, meeting minutes and by-laws. Thankfully there isn't a test at the end of this. This morning I finished faxing the pertinent documents to my mortgage broker. Just a pay stub and the relevent portions of my separation agreement. Next step once my mortgage is approved is the home inspection. Then all my conditions are cleared and I can breathe easier knowing I will have a home to move to when all is said and done. It was getting a little scarey there for a bit.

On an even more personal note ;) I've now had two dates with a guy. Considering that's nearing my recent record of...well 3, I figure I might as well not get too attached. We took a wander through the Mill Creek Ravine. Nice night for it too, what with the wind and the snow. We were out for about an hour, then home to a warm bath and bed for me. Well, after NCIS, that is.

I dunno about this one. He's really nice and very sweet - opened car doors for me and all that. But...well, yikes. He's 38. Yup, you read that right. And I typed that right. Don't worry, I checked. He makes me laugh and enjoys a lot of the things I like. But...

But. It's funny how things change in a couple months. I've gone from fearless to terrified. Scared to get close to someone else who, once they get to know me, is going to want to be just friends. Relegated once again to "just one of the guys" status. So, I hold back. Tell myself to just go out and have fun, but don't get too close.

Well, anyway :) enough about me and my little paranoias. Besides, in the next....less than a month, I have a lot of work to do packing, cleaning and painting :D May 24 - possession day. May 28 - Moving day. May 24-28, painting days. Anytime between now and May 24 that I'm not working or packing - shopping days. A girl needs furniture! And lately, this girl needs an excuse to shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home