Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas baking and holiday giving

I'm starting my Christmas baking this weekend. I do this fully understanding J can't eat it. Which is fine, I really don't want it in the house. But that brought up questions about what to do with it once it's baked. Sure, I'll give some to his family when we have the family open house. Who wouldn't? Work will, of course, also be a recipient of the bounty.

J mentioned that we could take it to a homeless shelter, which is a good idea, but I worry that home baking won't be accepted. There really is no way to ensure that the baking is safe. Who knows, I could be some deranged, murderous baker planning to poison the needy. Or am I just being paranoid?

Then I considered visiting some seniors homes and offering the baked goods. I'm sure they'd appreciate it, but once again - would it be accepted?

I know that there are concerns about this kind of thing. There are a lot of nutjobs out there, but I suppose I'll call around and see if anyone is interested in donated baked stuff. If not, I suppose the office and family will benefit even more.

The good news? I'm going to be heading out this week to pick up some items for WIN House and donating them. If I can't donate my baking, I can at least donate something that is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home