Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Finding my passion

I wrote about my passion once before: http://curlinggoddess.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html in a bizarre little narrative that eventually got sidetracked. Not really a surprise around here.

I've decided I may not be completely happy with what I'm doing or where I am or even where I'm going in life. Unlike many of my proclamations about life, this one isn't an impulse. It isn't some thought of the moment that will disappear when presented with something shiny. Although it could be in response to the likelihood of me losing my shiny office with the re-org (wah!)

I'm. Not. Happy. Shocking. I think it's a phenomenon that many people experience. We wander through life making general decisions with limited knowledge - who really knows what they want to be when they grow up when they're 18? As for myself, I had no idea what options were really out there. I didn't fully investigate things like Spy or Assassin because I didn't really take those options seriously. I certainly didn't realize the breadth of options available to engineers (Hello Mythbusters!) or the fun careers possible within science - ew, dissecting things!

So, I try to find a passion I currently have and figure out how to turn that into something I can make money off of. Baking is up there. I'm actually considering something like opening my own bakery. You know, in the future after some training. Although when I think about that, I think about my little dream to own a B&B. Although, that dream tends to get bigger and more inn shaped the more I think of it. 10 rooms, a nice dining room serving gourmet food. At which point, I doubt I'll be making use of my baking talents... And then there's the financial side of that... In this economy, I doubt that I'd be able to get any kind of business loan for that kind of idea.

But it's fun to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home