Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, hello there Winter.

I'd like to say it's nice to see you, but we both know I'd be lying. It's odd since there was once a time when I loved the long cold nights and any excuse to cuddle up by the fire was good enough for me. But now I don't feel the same way. This year you bring with you reminders of things left undone. And there's that whole love/hate thing with the curling.

So I reflect on where I want to be and where I am. Yet the things that should be done get in the way. I have this mental list of things I should do or be doing. It interferes with reflection on why I'm not going in the direction I have planned. Fine. I should be planning girl's night in. I'm not. Why not? Instead, I surf the net and try to find information and ideas for such parties, which I then never use.

So, today I create an invitation (wine tasting or movie night? Or maybe both? Wine and a movie? And what about sundaes? How do you choose a movie for girl's night?) and get started on one of my grand plans.

While I may not celebrate your arrival, you've at least forced me to start looking at what I want to do and moving forward with that. I think I'm stuck in a BA's worst nightmare - analysis paralysis. Thank you Winter. While I hope your stay is comfortable, I do hope it isn't very long. And can you see about getting snow in time for Christmas? It always feels better that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home