Monday, July 06, 2009

One Week and Fanboys

Our movie renting experience on the weekend had a common theme - people who're gonna die go on epic journeys. Cue tear jerking music...

One Week is a Canadian movie about a guy who discovers he's ill and to deal with it, he goes on a trip from Toronto to Tofino. It's really an interesting movie and I don't say this because one scene was apparently in a small town where my favorite cousin lived for a few years. Nope. Not at all. It raised a few questions for me on what my life is and how I would react if given the same news.

Fanboys is a hilarious movie about a bunch of Star Wars geeks who decide to break into George Lucas' ranch in California so they can see Star Wars Episode 1 before it's released in theatres (I know, not very timely). There are a ridiculous amount of cameos in this movie for something I don't remember hitting theatres at all. I don't want to ruin the surprises if you haven't seen the movie.

In the end, both movies made me cry which isn't necessarily a bad thing. One Week is significantly more thought provoking while Fanboys will make you laugh. Even the ever-stoic J laughed at several scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home