Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The chair is naked, and other random stuff

Ok... So, that partially naked chair is now totally naked. Right down to wood and springs. Yay me. Finished ripping it apart last night. Tonight I'm going to get at cutting out fabric and sewing it... Nevermind that I don't know where to get a wide-guage air stapler. Ah well. What are ya going to do? Oh, and that whole thing where I need legs for the chair. It will get done, though. Once I find all the supplies.

Which reminds me... I got fabric for the chair at 70% off. So, I'm recovering the chair, complete with trim and likely a cushion or two, for all of $68. Oh, except for the legs and new padding that I figure I should get. I wasn't going to, but why recover a chair and leave the old, worn out padding.

Today I was trained on my new role of Secretary of the toastmasters club. It's kinda cool to be honest. And for whatever reason, toastmasters is giving me a bit of interest in moving into management roles instead of being a code geek for the rest of my life. Actually, it isn't just toastmasters.

Not sure how to describe this last year to anyone. It's been a huge growing experience. I've made a lot of mistakes, but in many ways I'm happier now than I've been in... well... hell, happier than I can ever remember being. Yeah, it isn't perfect, but what is?

I'm ripping apart a chair for reupholstering. I'm sewing a duvet cover, bedskirt, etc for my bedroom. I've painted my bedroom in colours I love and bought red furniture. I'm on two executives. I have great new friends and many of the same old friends. I really can't list everything I've done or am doing here.

I just am. And I'm good with that.

What I am is changing and growing. Becoming independant, strong and secure. Not sure where this will take me, but damn it's fun being here. I wouldn't change a minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home